The Cities of Garden City, Russell and others responded to a mutual aid request from the City of Kiowa on Sunday August 6, 2017. The entire community was without power following a tornado, or very severe winds causing significant damage to the electrical system and the community. Crews were dispatched around 7:30 am on Sunday and worked until 1:00 am Monday August 7, 2017 when the main power line to Kiowa was restored. Crews will continue their efforts again on Monday, but will probably be released sometime in the afternoon according to Mike Muirhead, Public Works Director for the City of Garden City.
Sign up for the Power Factor Newsletter
- City of Chapman Department Heads Serve Lunch to High School StudentsOctober 10, 2017 - 2:47 pm
- Public Power Week October 1 – 7, 2017October 2, 2017 - 9:25 am
- What’s in Your Electric Bill?October 2, 2017 - 9:03 am
- Got Wind?September 18, 2017 - 9:04 am
- City of Lincoln Installs New GenerationSeptember 12, 2017 - 1:43 pm
October 19, 2017KMEA Annual ConferenceDoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Wichita Airport, 2098 Eisenhower Airport Pkwy, Wichita, KS 67209, USA