The Cities of Garden City, Russell and others responded to a mutual aid request from the City of Kiowa on Sunday August 6, 2017. The entire community was without power following a tornado, or very severe winds causing significant damage to the electrical system and the community. Crews were dispatched around 7:30 am on Sunday and worked until 1:00 am Monday August 7, 2017 when the main power line to Kiowa was restored. Crews will continue their efforts again on Monday, but will probably be released sometime in the afternoon according to Mike Muirhead, Public Works Director for the City of Garden City.
Sign up for the Power Factor Newsletter
- Southern Star Pipeline ExplosionJune 15, 2018 - 9:00 am
- Coal and Nuke Bailout?June 1, 2018 - 11:47 am
- Distributed Generation and Net Metering, by Edison Electric InstituteMay 24, 2018 - 11:03 am
- KMGA Continues State-Wide Operator Qualification (OQ) EffortsMay 22, 2018 - 9:50 am
- Holton-Wamego Power Plant Staff Train TogetherMay 15, 2018 - 9:34 am
July 18, 2018KMEA Executive Committee Meeting