A city that joins KMEA becomes an owner as well as a member.
Each full member city exercises its ownership with an equal vote on the Board of Directors.
A separate committee of the Board of Directors, known as the Executive Committee, consisting of seven members, carries on the day-to-day activities of the Agency.
The Board of Directors annually elects officers and Executive Committee members, ratifies the
actions taken by the Executive Committee, and adopts the annual budget of the Agency.
Our services to our members include:
- Operates an equipment loan program.
- Intervenes and monitors regulatory hearings on mergers, wholesale rates, transmission access and environmental issues.
- Actively monitors legislation and industry activities that could benefit or threaten the cities’ welfare.
- Advocates the member cities’ positions before industry organizations, regulatory authorities and legislative bodies.
- Conducts power supply and transmission feasibility studies.
For membership information or inquires, please contact:
Manager, Member Services