At Kansas Municipal Energy Agency we have one Vision. KMEA is passionately committed to the success of our members fulfilling their primary mission of providing reliable and cost-effective energy to their communities. We pledge our relentless focus and dedication to providing new and innovative solutions to help our members achieve this mission.
This Vision is shared by each and every one of our employees. If you too share this Vision, our Agency would like to talk to you in our search for an Energy/Gas Controller. This position is responsible for managing and balancing gas supply and transport and storage contracts for the Agency and our member cities.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Managing gas supply to maximize economic benefit to member cities including evaluating current supply, storage balances and pipeline imbalances to determine most efficient use with respect to the spot market, pipeline tariff and supply constraints, and penalty avoidance.
- Development of schedules utilizing historical information and responding to questions from member cities.
- Maintain a current set of written instructions for all gas scheduling and balancing of supply.
- Assists with contract administration as it relates to gas pipelines and supply.
- Retrieve and monitor daily measurement data, monitor needs of member cities and inputting nomination schedule per respective pipeline requirements.
- Assists electric operations and settlements as needed to include data review, scheduling, and Southwest Power Pool market submissions.
- Assists with management of documents and files for the Agency.
- Works as an effective team member, working cooperatively with others and contributing to our overall work and member experience.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Candidate will possess a Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field or 3 years in the field or in a related area. A suitable combination of education and relevant experience will be considered.
- The candidate should possess a problem-solving and self-starting disposition.
- Candidate must be extremely comfortable interacting with third parties such as supplier and pipeline personnel.
- The candidate must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications, including Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook, and have the ability to learn and adapt to other industry-related, proprietary software.
- Candidate should exhibit extensive knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the Energy and Gas industry; specifically, demonstrated comprehensive knowledge of natural gas supply and scheduling.
- Must demonstrate ability to prioritize workflow and organize diverse material and ability to handle multiple, competing and changing priorities; ability to perform effectively without supervision and within established time limits and ongoing deadlines
All Agency employees are expected to exhibit exemplary customer service skills, both with external customers, vendors, visitors, co-workers, and management staff. Their written and verbal communication skills should be concise and effective, they should aspire to excellence in both work and customer service, they should show courtesy to all they encounter while representing the Agency. They are also expected to maintain an air of professionalism in their interpersonal relationships and personal grooming, exercise confidentiality concerning the affairs of the Agency, exhibit a willingness to learn, willingness to problem solve and willingness to step in to help others, and openly and actively participate in the direction of our Agency. KMEA views each of these traits as performance indicators, and employee appraisals reflect each of these attributes as an element of performance upon which employees are rated.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $21.87 – $37.26 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday