KMEA, as a not-for-profit member-owned joint action agency, is dedicated to giving our municipal members a voice and support, whether in their local community, at the state level in Topeka or in Washington, D.C. We are actively involved in and advocate on behalf of our members to protect the interests of public power and ensure that energy decisions made at all levels enable our members to continue to have local control over their energy needs. We seek balanced legislation that encourages industry-government information sharing and allows for local decision-making and flexibility. Along with our national association, American Public Power Association — we advocate for public policy that will increase energy independence, reliability, and cost effectiveness.
Sign up for the Power Factor Newsletter
- Message from the General ManagerJanuary 17, 2020 - 10:29 am
- The View from Tom’s WorldDecember 26, 2019 - 10:47 am
- FULL TIME MAINTENANCE SUPERVISORNovember 22, 2019 - 2:28 pm
- Mankato Receives Help Putting Up Christmas Decorations!November 22, 2019 - 12:32 pm
- Storage, Production and Low Demand Keeping Natural Gas Prices in Check!November 22, 2019 - 12:12 pm