KMEA, as a not-for-profit member-owned joint action agency, is dedicated to giving our municipal members a voice and support, whether in their local community, at the state level in Topeka or in Washington, D.C. We are actively involved in and advocate on behalf of our members to protect the interests of public power and ensure that energy decisions made at all levels enable our members to continue to have local control over their energy needs. We seek balanced legislation that encourages industry-government information sharing and allows for local decision-making and flexibility. Along with our national association, American Public Power Association — we advocate for public policy that will increase energy independence, reliability, and cost effectiveness.
Sign up for the Power Factor Newsletter
- City of Washington is Hiring Water/Wastewater OperatorJuly 29, 2021 - 10:41 am
- City of Washington is Hiring Power Plant OperatorJuly 29, 2021 - 10:33 am
- City of Moundridge Substation ProjectJuly 19, 2021 - 10:31 am
- One Year Later, Day of Celebration!July 2, 2021 - 12:16 pm
- BPU Kansas City Board of Public Utilities General Manager Receives Leadership and Managerial Excellence AwardJune 29, 2021 - 9:24 am
There are no upcoming events.