KMEA, as a not-for-profit member-owned joint action agency, is dedicated to giving our municipal members a voice and support, whether in their local community, at the state level in Topeka or in Washington, D.C. We are actively involved in and advocate on behalf of our members to protect the interests of public power and ensure that energy decisions made at all levels enable our members to continue to have local control over their energy needs. We seek balanced legislation that encourages industry-government information sharing and allows for local decision-making and flexibility. Along with our national association, American Public Power Association — we advocate for public policy that will increase energy independence, reliability, and cost effectiveness.
Sign up for the Power Factor Newsletter
- City of Sharon Springs Accepting Application for City CoordinatorAugust 13, 2019 - 1:51 pm
- KMEA/KMGA Board of Directors Meeting and Annual ConferenceAugust 6, 2019 - 10:58 am
- Municipals helping Municipals!!July 24, 2019 - 10:09 am
- EMP2 Meeting in RussellJuly 18, 2019 - 1:47 pm
- Now That’s Dedication!July 11, 2019 - 2:57 pm